Annapolis Sailboat Show guide
For five days each year, there is no doubt where the center of the sailing universe is: Annapolis, Maryland. The U.S. Sailboat Show, held October 13 to 1, 2022, is the place to see new boats, great gear and services and immerse yourself in a celebration of sailing.
Many exhibitors offer special promotions during the show. We rounded up some of the best below. And if you want to brush up on all the new boats this year, check here. And, as a special boat show deal, subscribe to SAILING Magazine using the code BOATSHOW22 for 29% off a one-year subscription.
CDI will feature its Flexible Furler at its booth at Tent A 37. Through its network of dealers in the U.S., Canada and Australia, CDI helps sailors find the right furler for their boat.
- Ewincher will have their new general of electric winch handle, the Ewincher2 available at its demo bench at tend D79 and D80. Special show promotions will be available.
- See a demonstration of the novel C-Boom boom furler in action at Tent O 20.
- Harken will have an array of sailboat hardware on display at its booth at Land 17 and 18, including its brand new high-performance Zircon blocks.
- Sailrite Enterprises at Tent D64, D65, D82 and D83 will have a large display of sewing machines and DIY supplies for hands-on sailors.
- The Moorings and Sunsail Yacht Charters will again be at their spacious tent and dock space just off Dock Street (Land 12 and Land 13). Showgoers will be able to tour the Leopard 42, 45 and 50 sailing catamarans. Sailors will save up to 15% on charters booked at the show.
- TMM Charters will have a Lagoon 40 on display at Dock I. The longtime British Virgin Islands’ charter company will offer a 10% discount for 7-day or longer charters booked at the show.
- Dream Yacht Charter will have a Fountaine Pajot Astrea 42 catamaran for viewing on Dock H. Sailors can register to win a 7-night charter in the Caribbean and will receive a 5% discount on charters booked at the show.
- Conch Charters will have information and deals on their BVI charters in tent VB 23 and VB 24
- Cruise Abaco will be based on Dock I in the Vacation Basin with information on charters in the beautiful Bahamas.
- Check out the Vacation Basin, dedicated to chartering, travel and sailing vacations. A Sailing Channels booth will host several sailing YouTube channel creators throughout the show.
- J Boats on Dock S will have several boats on display, including the new performance cruiser J/45, which makes its debut at the show.
- Dream Yacht Sales on Dock H will have experts on hand to teach sailors about its new Dream Fractional Ownership program, that helps sailors own a new boat in partnership with three or four other owners.
- The new Balance Catamarans 442 performance cruiser will make its debut at the show on Dock C.
- Learn why the Flying Scot has legions of enthusiastic and dedicated owners at the one-design boat's booth at Land 46.
- Offshore Sailing School will have several special show programs at their location on the BoatU.S. Bridge, Dock S, next to the Moorings display. Sailors who enroll at the show will receive special US Sailing certification course pricing. Sailors who enroll in Offshore’s 2023 Performance Race Week with UK Sailmakers experts and coaches scheduled for January 29 to February 4, 2023, on Captiva Island, Florida, will save $500 at the show. The school will also have information on its Colgate Sailing Adventures hosted sailing vacations in the BVI; Abacos, Bahamas; Thailand and Grenada.
- Blue Water Sailing School, which offers sailing certification at every level of American Sailing Association curriculum, will be on hand to walk sailors through its broad range of programs, including custom instruction on your own boat. Find them at Tent AB26.
- Jeanneau and Sail Away Catamarans are sponsoring the Take the Wheel Interactive Workshop incorporating both classroom and on-the-water learning. The seminar costs $395 per person or $550 per couple and includes admission to the boat show.
- Daily seminars included with admission will be offered Friday through Sunday. Click here to see the full schedule, which includes seminars on weather, anchoring, navigation, cruising and more.
- A First Sail Workshop for beginning sailors includes 45 minutes of sailing basics followed by 90 minutes of instruction onboard a Beneteau First 22. The $85 cost includes admission to the show. Click here to register.
ABOUT THE SHOW
The show opens at 10 a.m. each day and closes at 6:30 p.m. Thursday through Sunday, and 5 p.m. Monday.
Tickets are $25 for adults Friday through Monday, and $45 for the preview day on Thursday. Click here to purchase tickets online at a discount.
A special VIP experience is available, which includes access to a VIP lounge with seating, food and cocktails during the day. The cost is $175 per person or $200 including parking.
A full list of exhibitors is available here.